Rom Update for Qboard

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
belg4rion67
Trump Card

Rom Update for Qboard

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi all,
I've a Sandy SuperQboard with 512k ram on board and parallel port (but not mouse port); this interface has rom version 1.16 with part of TK2 and I've read somewhere that for this board exist a new firmware with sub-directories function.
Somebody of you could help me to find it? (even only bin file as I've an eprom writer)

Thanks in advance

Only original hardware! :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Rom Update for Qboard

Post by Dave »

If anyone has this, I'd be fine with them posting it here.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

belg4rion67 wrote:Hi all,
I've a Sandy SuperQboard with 512k ram on board and parallel port (but not mouse port); this interface has rom version 1.16 with part of TK2 and I've read somewhere that for this board exist a new firmware with sub-directories function.
Somebody of you could help me to find it? (even only bin file as I've an eprom writer)
Thanks in advance
I think you are probably referring to the Level 2 ATR drivers by Jochen Hassler. The software was available from Jurgen Falkenburg and possibly Jochen Merz (?). This gave SuperQBoard and Trump Card level 2 directories and ability to handle Atari and DOS style directories via an ATR device, a bit like a DOS device in QPC.

There is a replacement manual on the, umm, Replacement Manuals page on my website http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/manuals/index.html (scroll down to Level 2 Upgrade ROM Manual). I can't include the software image sadly as it's still copyright of Jochen Hassler to the best of knowledge. If anyone knows Jochen Hassler well enough to get rights released, and has a copy of the software, I'd happily add it to my website.

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi Dilwyn, in effect I've read about level 2 rom from your useful site :) I didn't know that rom was still under Jochen's copyright...

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I thought it was Albin Hassler - not Jochen?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Rich,

Nope, those are two different persons:

Albin Hessler was the guy behind EasyMenu and CueShell.
Jochen Hassler was the ATR developer.

Unfortunately I have no information about both of them. It might be worth asking Marcel Kilgus, maybe.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Hmm my apologies - Jochen Merz or Marcel Kiglus may know how to contact Jochen Hassler then!

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

thanks to all guys! I'll write to Marcel to request a contact from Jochen... and I hope to have good news :)

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

..mmm Jochen Merz has sent to me an email and says that he has no contact with J. Hassler for many many years but gives me his address so only thing I can do is write a mail :P
Cheers