Wanted: Issue 7 QL PCB.

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Wanted: Issue 7 QL PCB.

Post by RWAP »

Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes! If you send me a paypal invoice to dave@sinclairql.com when you know the amount, I'll pay right away.

And you begin your search for an odd shaped box!
Invoice sent

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Boom! Issue 7 and repairable Issue 5 on the way. Now I have a 7 to test against and a spare Issue 5 since that seems to be the main platform. My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!

robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

Dave wrote:My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!
:D

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes!
I am just curious. Wouldn't a change of socket type or the addition of sockets where ic were soldered directly change the timing/sensibility to ripple compared to what sinclair sold originally?
If so I wouldn't change these in a reference system.
Kind regards Paul

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Dave wrote:My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!

:o :lol:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Paul wrote:
Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes!
I am just curious. Wouldn't a change of socket type or the addition of sockets where ic were soldered directly change the timing/sensibility to ripple compared to what sinclair sold originally?
If so I wouldn't change these in a reference system.
Kind regards Paul
The sockets I use to replace them are a cheap bladed type that have similar electrical characteristics. Because I often have to remove/replace components, the socket's weakness of just not making good contact happens often. Since I've played a lot with CPU upgrades, the sockets wear out quickly.

Those cheap red sockets, I've literally had the red plastic fall off the spring clips. Also, the socket is a different height to the 8301 socket, which is so dumb it makes it difficult to do any kind of fitted board across the CPU and any other socket.