Wanted: Does anyone have any copies of the Gilsoft Adventure Writer (the other quill)

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
Timbucus
ROM Dongle

Wanted: Does anyone have any copies of the Gilsoft Adventure Writer (the other quill)

Post by Timbucus »

Version other than A03 and especially later ones as that is the version I have - but, feel free to reply if you are one of the rare owners! Alan Pemberton mentions version A06 and A07 in his documents and programs on extracting the contents. There is no issue with copyright in me getting copies if you are prepared to do so, in this instance, as we have cleared the rights issues with the original authors so that we can package it up for original owners and others to try it out on emulators etc. I am especially interested if you have any errata sheets etc.

I have found a few bugs testing A03 so would want people to use the latest if they are trying something out.

If anyone has specific issues running it on later hardware etc let me know as we may be able to get it fixed - although if there really are versions A06 and A07 or later out there it may take some while to get the source differences teased back out as A03 is the latest Source code I have.

To see the journey so far see my tweet: https://twitter.com/timbucus/status/843567313832067072

Timbucus

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Wanted: Does anyone have any copies of the Gilsoft Adventure Writer (the other quill)

Post by RWAP »

Tim,

Did you ever manage to find any later copies of The Quill?

We could also do with preserving the QL version of the manual if anyone has one they could scan in :)

Timbucus
ROM Dongle

Re: Wanted: Does anyone have any copies of the Gilsoft Adventure Writer (the other quill)

Post by Timbucus »

I have not been around much having got distracted by several other projects and I am afraid I have not managed to find a later version than A03 so I think in the interests of preservation I should get the files to safety (Although Huw the original author, now in the far east, has a copy so there are at least two...) - as it was a master it includes the BASIC duplication program we used for making copies and the two Manual files that were on Microdrive 2. I have not been able to get time to put together MDV images as yet so would someone like the RAW recovered files to do that - you may need to fiddle and add a header which I had to do on my QL to get it running.

I have also scanned any leaflets, price lists and the cover of the printed manual I had which can go with the package.

Where is the best place to post the files?

Tim