Bestmalt Limited - QL Cadette and more

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Bestmalt Limited - QL Cadette and more

Post by RWAP »

I have been speaking with Mark Mansell whose family ran Bestmalt Limited - they produced a few titles for the QL - QL Cadette was probably their most famous.

He has provided his permission for their software to be made freeware - there is already a manual for QL Cadette which was another CAD drawing package - http://sinclairql.speccy.org/archivo/do ... adette.pdf

I am not sure what else they published.

Mark said :
I already spoke to Quanta a few years ago, I think with Dilwyn, about making all the old Bestmalt software freeware and told them to go ahead and distribute freely whatever they could find and have no problem with giving permission again :)
Oh dear - it could have been re-released some time ago then...

Now we just need to find out

a) What other titles they published
b) Whether anyone has a copy of the titles - unfortunately we don't have any of these preserved.

Come on everyone - get digging around and see what you have !!

:)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Bestmalt Limited - QL Cadette and more

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Is source code available, I seen QL Cadette demo-ed a long time ago and looked good.

Maybe it could be updated to Qptr...

Derek

Regards,

Derek
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Mark Mansell said he has moved several times to various countries, so all the QL stuff is long gone unfortunately.

Someone out there must have a copy - after all, that scanned manual came from somewhere !!

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Ah yes, this was released back in 1999. Just dug out a copy (with text doc) and duly sent it off to Dilwyn.

David
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Silvester wrote:Ah yes, this was released back in 1999. Just dug out a copy (with text doc) and duly sent it off to Dilwyn.
...who duly posted in on his website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/graphics/index.html along with the PDF manual mentioned before as well. Thanks Silvester.