FTC - Fleet Tactical Command finally found in the wild!

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

FTC - Fleet Tactical Command finally found in the wild!

Post by vanpeebles »

With thanks to a fellow QUANTA member I've finally tracked down a copy of Fleet Tactical Command by Di-Ren. I've taken a few pics to share, the contents of the box is quite staggering. Unlike now where games won't even include a manual with an xbox game.

I've not really tried the game yet as I want to make a proper backup of the floppy discs but the detail of the game is quite staggering. It really was way ahead of its time.

The next step after copying and making backup scans of maps will be to get the game running networked and having a battle with midboss during our regular kungfu/gaming beer nights! :P

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: FTC - Fleet Tactical Command finally found in the wild!

Post by Mr_Navigator »

truly amazing collection

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

There was a quite detailed review in one of the QL Adventurer's Forum magazines, if memory serves, so probably worth reading that to get some hints on gameplay.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Yes it's a good review :) At the moment I'm just playing about on the demo version from Dilwyn's site just to get some practice.

I managed to run a ship aground then spent ages trying to get it to refloat while fighting all the damages and repairs. One of the crew members took the huff and sabotaged the aft wiring just as I was hoping an incoming storm would raise the tide enough to lift me off the bottom.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:Yes it's a good review :) At the moment I'm just playing about on the demo version from Dilwyn's site just to get some practice.

I managed to run a ship aground then spent ages trying to get it to refloat while fighting all the damages and repairs. One of the crew members took the huff and sabotaged the aft wiring just as I was hoping an incoming storm would raise the tide enough to lift me off the bottom.
He he sounds like you're addicted to FTC already :roll:

Ah well, I guess we won't be hearing much from vanpeebles in the coming weeks...

Dilwyn