Anyone have the MMSE_exts toolkit for MMSE?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
martyn_hill
Aurora

Anyone have the MMSE_exts toolkit for MMSE?

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi everyone!

I'm playing around with Media Manager SE v1.10 for which the sources have been made available and posted on Dilwyn's site for some time.

There are three keywords used which, whilst apparently included in Turbo Toolkit (GMINFO, GET_MSEC/PUT_MSEC), don't appear to work in MMSE. I can't find documentation on these particular keywords in the TTK docs either...

The comments in the MMSE source mentions that updated versions were developed and used, but are not included in the download on Dilwyn's site.

Not sure if the author intended the updated extensions (MMSE_exts) to also be made available to the community, nor am I 100% sure that this is the cause of the issue I'm seeing (reading an MDV just hangs around the time of calling GET_MSEC for the first time), but if anyone has a copy of the MMSE_exts file or its assembler source and, of course, its deemed OK to share this file, I'd be grateful for a copy.

Regards,
M.

martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: Anyone have the MMSE_exts toolkit for MMSE?

Post by martyn_hill »

...oh, and I'm running a freshly complied version of MMSE v1.10 on Minerva 1.89, after tweaking some of the allowed device strings from the original source (which doesn't recognise SDC as a valid Output device).

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Martyn,

Here is the extensions you require with the source.

I have deleted the uploaded extension files, see later message: http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3& ... 342#p18342 for correct files.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Regards,

Derek
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Thank you very much Derek!

Still testing, but first problem is that _exts file has a dodgy header pre-pended to it: "!QDOS File Header...", couldn't just be LRESPR'd :-)

Just hacking that bit off and re-trying... Let's see if I can get MMSE working on my MDV + SDC -equipped Minerva Ql...

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

...and hey-presto, MMSE is springing in to life, reading the MDV cartridge (boy-oh-boy it takes a while...)

Thanks again, Derek! Life-saver!

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

...and, what's more, my ranking on the forum is now finally elevated to 'Overheated PSU!' (Not a problem I've had on the QL, must admit, but satisfying, none the less!)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

martyn_hill wrote:...and hey-presto, MMSE is springing in to life, reading the MDV cartridge (boy-oh-boy it takes a while...)

Hi Martyn,

Sorry about the header problem. I had extracted the zip file to a linux directory. Lesson learned... always use a QL system.

I should have the original ZIP file

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
martyn_hill wrote:...and hey-presto, MMSE is springing in to life, reading the MDV cartridge (boy-oh-boy it takes a while...)

Hi Martyn,

Sorry about the header problem. I had extracted the zip file to a linux directory. Lesson learned... always use a QL system.

I should have the original ZIP file

Here is the correct MMSE extensions from a QL file system.
Attachments
MMSE_EXT.zip
MMSE Extension files
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Regards,

Derek
MartynHill
ROM Dongle

Post by MartynHill »

No worries, Derek - was easy enough to spot and fix by hand!

MMSE turns out to be quite the powerful tool - and having the source SB, I've got ideas to build on it.

That said, the time it took to scan a couple of my borderline MDV carts - 30mins each, constant running - practically killed the cartridges - probably due to the sheer heat generated :-)

Thanks again for your swift help!

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

MartynHill wrote:That said, the time it took to scan a couple of my borderline MDV carts - 30mins each, constant running - practically killed the cartridges - probably due to the sheer heat generated :-)
It's probably a good idea to re-write MMSE to work on MD dumps created with another program...

The logic would be the same, i guess (you'd simply need to re-wire the sector read and write routines) the wear much less.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO