URGENT / IMPORTANT: BANDERSNATCH (MIA)

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: URGENT / IMPORTANT: BANDERSNATCH (MIA)

Post by RWAP »

Are the controls just the cursor keys - I could not get to enter any of the doors!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I found the same! Is it possible to turn round?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

<SPACE> and Up will take a running jump in the direction you are pointed.

<CTRL> and Up also did but I jumped out of the screen and crashed the emulator, but that might have been the position (bottom left hand corner of the bottom most screen using the elevator.

I think <SPACE> and the left / right cursor keys turns you around - ah realised not to keep this pressed down too long and you turn 90 degrees at a time.. :)

To go in a door turn to face the door, then press <SPACE> and <UP>

I found a bug - enter the door at the very bottom of the first lift shaft - then go all the way to the right, then use the lift to go up a level and then go left - you end up on a platform screen with two platforms (top row has 2 sliding doors, bottom row only has one sliding door on the right and that's where you come out!). However, if you enter the door nearest the top level of the first lift and then follow the screens left, you appear to end up on the top row of this screen.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Hmm - explored a fair bit - not found anything to interact with other than lifts and doors - I think the oddest looking screen goes to the below image.... It is some sort of corridor in the bottom right -as you walk through the bit with pierced walls (yes the sliding door is in front of the wall, but oh well...), you are slowed down quite a bit, thankfully there are blank spaces in the walls where you can move a bit quicker..
Attachments
bandersnatch-3-screenshot.gif

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

How's the speed? The sprites seem big enough to keep poor 68008 pretty busy.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Outsoft wrote:So someone have made our dump to work? Wow!!!

Or is a MIXED of dumped versions? Great Job!!!
It is the dump from the start of this thread. Of the two sectors I found to have bad checksums.

One was full of zero's with 5 or 6 odd bytes in the middle. The two logical sectors either side were full of zero's. So I patched the 5 or 6 odd bytes to zeros. But I am not too happy with that, as the sectors checksum does not suggest that it was full of zero's.

On the second sector, from about halfway through it is full of zero's. but the zero's do not continue into the next logical sector. So I just patched the checksum so that it matched the actual checksum.

The upload from QLObi is just the files, and not a Qemulator dump, so I cannot look at the checksums. But a quick look in the files around the two problem areas looks the same.

Did these files come from the same dump?

If there are other Microdrive cartridges about, then mdump files of them would be a great help.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

tofro wrote:How's the speed? The sprites seem big enough to keep poor 68008 pretty busy.

Tobias
The speed is fairly slow but too quick at Gold Card speed on the emulator. The character does pick up pace as you continue holding the same cursor key, which is not too bad... Oddly the drawing seems time critical - switching between emulation speeds often leads to missing graphics...

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I wonder how far they got the with the QL version. Is this just half way or did they actually finish it? I wonder who would be left around from Imagine to know?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Maybe they even realized "the QL just doesn't cut it" and stopped?

I don't think I see more than one moving sprite in the game and Rich reports it's already "fairly slow".

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Spoilsport :P