URGENT / IMPORTANT: BANDERSNATCH (MIA)

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: URGENT / IMPORTANT: BANDERSNATCH (MIA)

Post by RWAP »

Hmm that is interesting - I managed to just about get a screenshot before the QL crashed.

ONLY works in q-emulator with 384K RAM (no more) and Toolkit 2 disabled. Use the mdv image from earlier as the
Oddly on some loads, you just get the screen corruption from the loader and an exception error, at other times, you get the attached screen and the QL resets, or the QL just resets.

Am surprised it does not have the same problem every time you run the program.
Attachments
QL-Bandersnatch-starting.jpg

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I had another go with my patched dump

Qemulator 128K, No Toolkit 2

I have attached my patched copy. It is not a good dump. So expect it to crash spectacularly.

I will have a look at the file uploaded by QLOBI
Image5.png
Attachments
patch1.zip
(36.01 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Image2.png
Image1.png

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

At least this looks more like the game Brataccas which was later released - so it looks as though this is a better bet to be the actual QL program - perhaps the original which I managed to recover (I cannot find the forum post on this....) was indeed just a working of ideas provided to Sinclair at the time...

At least his has proved that buying all those microdrive cartridges from a US auction a few years back (which went to Dave and from there to Outsoft for preservation) was worth while :)

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Martin_Head wrote:I had another go with my patched dump

Qemulator 128K, No Toolkit 2

I have attached my patched copy. It is not a good dump. So expect it to crash spectacularly.

I will have a look at the file uploaded by QLOBI

Image5.png
So someone have made our dump to work? Wow!!!

Or is a MIXED of dumped versions? Great Job!!!

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

QLObi wrote:Here are the files. Needs JS more than 128k and is copy protected !

Detlef alias QLObi
Great!!!

It works and we can finally see how the game will be.

On the ST I remember well: was one of my first game in 1987...a real masterpiece!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

OMG that looks like the real thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:At least this looks more like the game Brataccas which was later released - so it looks as though this is a better bet to be the actual QL program - perhaps the original which I managed to recover (I cannot find the forum post on this....) was indeed just a working of ideas provided to Sinclair at the time...

At least his has proved that buying all those microdrive cartridges from a US auction a few years back (which went to Dave and from there to Outsoft for preservation) was worth while :)
;)

Well seems that our dump just works on 128k with no TK2 and the latest Q-emuLator (3.2 alpha 8).

My QL's are all with WINNY or QUBIDE so It can't work without loading from the original MDV.

So now we finally have it ;) in his splendour ;)

It enters in the doors too, wow!!! Seems have a little world in it but If you goo too far...It will crash ;)

Really much I see it and much I think is really the prequel of Brataccas, wow!
Last edited by Outsoft on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

RWAP wrote:At least his has proved that buying all those microdrive cartridges from a US auction a few years back (which went to Dave and from there to Outsoft for preservation) was worth while :)
My apologies to everyone that it took so long to get these to where they needed to be. That said, I'm happy to have played a small part in the recovery of this missing title.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Dave wrote:
RWAP wrote:At least his has proved that buying all those microdrive cartridges from a US auction a few years back (which went to Dave and from there to Outsoft for preservation) was worth while :)
My apologies to everyone that it took so long to get these to where they needed to be. That said, I'm happy to have played a small part in the recovery of this missing title.
Thanks for all David ;)

It will be possible take the ST ver and convert it on the QL take some practical hint from this version I've found?

The games is practically the same, also the Loading Screen is in Mode 4 of the QL (on th ST) and the graphics was all produces on a real QL I think.

The only problem will be the speed: when many characters are moving on the screen...the ST ver become very slow.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Are all the files on the other microdrives the same as these ones? :) I wonder if there are any more versions!