FSEND_EVENT

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Martin_Head
Aurora

FSEND_EVENT

Post by Martin_Head »

I am in the process of updating a manual of QPC2 keywords, that I made some time ago.

I am having trouble finding documentation on FSEND_EVENT. I guess it's a function tied to the SEND_EVENT command.

Can anyone tell the exactly how it works, and what is it's syntax.

Thanks in advance

Martin

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: FSEND_EVENT

Post by dilwyn »

Martin_Head wrote:I am in the process of updating a manual of QPC2 keywords, that I made some time ago.

I am having trouble finding documentation on FSEND_EVENT. I guess it's a function tied to the SEND_EVENT command.

Can anyone tell the exactly how it works, and what is it's syntax.

Thanks in advance

Martin
I'd always assumed it was a function version of SEND_EVENT:
SEND_EVENT

The SEND_EVENT job ID, events procedure is used to notify events to another job. The job ID can be the whole number, the job number and tag or the job name.

SEND_EVENT 'fred',9 Send events 1 and 8 (1+8=9) to job fred
SEND_EVENT 20,4,8 Send event 8 to job 20, tag 4
SEND_EVENT OJOB(-1),2 Send event 2 to my owner
As ever, if there is anything in my SMSQ/E manual you can use for this job, please feel free to use it (although I'm sure anything you produce will as ever be a hundred times better than my efforts).
Online SMSQ/E manual v1.04:
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/ebooks/smsqe/SMSQE_A4.htm

or other formats available e.g. A5 layout on eBooks page.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

FSEND_EVENT is a relatively new addition to SMSQ/E - According to the release history, it has been added into 3.28 by Wolfgang Lenerz. I doubt you'll find it anywhere in the manuals because it is so new.

And, just as Dilwyn assumed, it actually is a function version of SEND_EVENT that returns an error code instead of bailing out. The only error code you can apparently get is "INVALID JOB".

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

dilwyn wrote:As ever, if there is anything in my SMSQ/E manual you can use for this job, please feel free to use it (although I'm sure anything you produce will as ever be a hundred times better than my efforts).
Flattery will get you everywhere :)