QED Editor on GitHub

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

QED Editor on GitHub

Post by janbredenbeek »

As I already mentioned in the MULTIMON thread, I've also released QED on GitHub: https://github.com/SinclairQL/QED.
This includes the source of v1.01 (stable) and a v1.02c binary with a few enhancements (TK2 default directories are now recognised).
The current source code is at v2.00 beta which is unstable; I'll put that in a separate branch soon but need to do some basic testing first.

Jan.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Re: QED Editor on GitHub

Post by ql_freak »

QED is a superb editor, similar to the Metacomco Editor. It was my standard editor with QLFED (the Maustausch program for the GERMAN MAUS mailbox net).

But what would be needed (I don't know, if it supports it now), is the ability, that it can be moved to any position of a QPC2 screen, like Ralf's Sedit (also not documented, you can move its window after pressing CTRL-F4 all over the QPC2 screen).

This is the problem with the latest versions of "Master Spy" and "The Editor", you can move/enlarge the window, but then they enlarge their guarding window, and you don't see the windows below it. The only three editors I have found, which support real moving of the windows, are Jochen's QD (still commercial), MicroEmacs (at least latest version) and Sedit. As I don't have a licence for QD I'm currently using Sedit for simple editing and MicroEmacs (it's mighty, but unfortunately not easy to learn) for complex editing.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

ql_freak wrote:QED is a superb editor, similar to the Metacomco Editor. It was my standard editor with QLFED (the Maustausch program for the GERMAN MAUS mailbox net).
But what would be needed (I don't know, if it supports it now), is the ability, that it can be moved to any position of a QPC2 screen, like Ralf's Sedit (also not documented, you can move its window after pressing CTRL-F4 all over the QPC2 screen).
The QEDCONFIG_BAS program supplied on GitHub allows for configuring larger windows than 512x256, which are also supported by QED itself. But indeed it is not possible to move or resize the windows during runtime.
QED uses three windows: one for the text area, one for the command/status line and one 'guardian' which exactly covers the other two. It should not be too difficult to add code to resize the windows at runtime, however QED is not a Pointer Interface program and I have no plans to rewrite it as such.

Jan.

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

janbredenbeek wrote:QED uses three windows: one for the text area, one for the command/status line and one 'guardian' which exactly covers the other two. It should not be too difficult to add code to resize the windows at runtime, however QED is not a Pointer Interface program and I have no plans to rewrite it as such.
I do nothing else. One main window, which covers all others, set an OUTLine to it and just use WMOV from Easyptr (in SuperBASIC) to move the window. It should be quite easy to put that in QED in MC, as this Call just use ptr_gen. Even S_Edit is not a Pointer Interface program