Programming a second hand piece of cheese

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: Programming a second hand piece of cheese

Post by Mr_Navigator »

RWAP wrote:On q-emulator (at least) there are some oddities (blank pixels) around 20 seconds.

You cheated on the FILL command - you used just the first 30 seconds.... :lol: How about showing it for a minute?
Ok

Disbelief at first, as I had this working correctly on my set up, so he are the responses.

1: You cheated on the FILL command - I dont understand, I used the fill command as stated in the book Fill 1 : draw : Fill 0

2: You used just the first 30 seconds - I only wanted the first 30 seconds, Countdown :)

3: On q-emulator (at least) there are some oddities (blank pixels) around 20 seconds - No there weren't!, I use QemuLator for all my programming. I never noticed any stray pixels...... :idea: :?:

My setup on Qemulator always loads SMSQE code before I do anything, mainly just so the recall of commands is easily obtained using the cursor keys (SMSQE only). The commands I used in the listing are all standard and nothing special so there should be any difference. I checked and there is.

Odd pixels occur at and after 20 seconds on bare Qemulator both modes, but with SMSQE installed it does not occur. Anomaly?

I then checked it on QPC4 and this also works as expected (once wtv: paper 7: cls was put in line 1010
again with no stray pixels.

So SMSQE has slightly different calculations and hence graphic effects compared to QL standard.

Interesting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I might have made a mistake, but when my previous code went past the 30 minutes, the fill command started filling the wrong section - you might have addressed this inadvertantly...

As for the odd graphics between 20 and 25 seconds, I wonder what happens on a real QL? It probably reflects what q-emulator has to do to draw circles on a PC screen (different ratios to a QL screen) but who knows....

tcat
Super Gold Card

Post by tcat »

Hi,

This would do a full circle starting at 12 o'clock.

Code: Select all

1255      FOR Sec = PI/2 TO -3/2*PI STEP -.10464

While this has an interesting effect for RADIUS 50,80

Code: Select all

1255      FOR Sec = PI/2 TO -3/2*PI STEP -RADIUS/100*pi

Tomas