SMSQ/E and foreign keyboard layout

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
belg4rion67
Trump Card

SMSQ/E and foreign keyboard layout

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi all, someone of you know how can I change keyboard layout in smsq/e ? I've tried to config the smsq bin with different language and keyboard table, in my system italian lang and keyboard; only system messages are changed fine but keyboard layout was the same of english uk version (44).
Could you help me?
thanks in advance
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
Ralf R.

Re: SMSQ/E and foreign keyboard layout

Post by Ralf R. »

Though not tested: If you leave the setting on QPC 2v4's Configuration window on "Windows", it should take, what Windows uses.

General - Keyboard.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Paolo,
you're not saying on what platform you actually want to do this.
On QPC2 what Ralf suggested should work.
In case you're talking about QXL the settings should actually work, although the platform (DOS, Windows, whatever) first needs to work correctly with the national language (DOS) drivers.
For GC/SGC, I'm pretty sure the settings don't do anything with the keyboard and you'd need an external national language KB driver, and for Qx0, I simply don't know.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

You want to try Clavier, by Wolfgang Lenez, available on Dilwyn's site in the Miscellaneous Programs area. Wolfgang reads the QL-Users List so can advise.

There is a programme on the Minerva 1.98 Utility Support Disc to alter the keyboard layout. This will only work on Minerva.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

There is an article on my website about creating language dependent modules, including message tables and keyboard layouts, written by Tony Tebby (reproduced from articles in IQLR many years ago).

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/smsqegd2/smsqmodu.zip

Although most people use the 'Windows' option for QPC2 keyboard layout with QPC2 version 4, it is still possible to reference SMSQ/E keyboard tables to selecting 'SMSQ/E' in place of 'Windows' for the keyboard table, although I haven't used this option (e.g. to use a Clavier-created table) since the 'Windows' option has worked well for me.

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Thank you so much to all for quickly answers :)
My platform is a real italian QL+ SuperGoldCard with possibility to change the originals roms MGI to Minerva, in latter case I've two kind of Minnies: pure 48 eprom or Minnie+keyboard layout IT in last 16k of a 64k eprom, as is suggested into Minnie utilities...
With this last eprom SMSQ/E doesn't work anyway: it starts but no one key works and after some key inputs it freeze...
With the pure Minnie it works but obviously doesn't recognize the italian keyboard as also with the MGI roms...
I think that I need to read the articles suggested by Dilwyn and try to create an italian keyboard layout file for this test. :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

There are pre-defined language files on the Minerva 1.98 support disk, which can be LRESPRed at boot time, or loaded on a ROM.

SMSQ/E has language support built-in, or loadable by modules which can be selectable at boot time.

Regards,

Derek
belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

There are pre-defined language files on the Minerva 1.98 support disk, which can be LRESPRed at boot time, or loaded on a ROM.

SMSQ/E has language support built-in, or loadable by modules which can be selectable at boot time.
I've created a rom with minnie and language file but with it my system will locks...
I will try the second tip: load it with lrespr in boot file :-)
thank you
paolo