LAUNCHPAD V. 2 on SuperGoldCARD

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
genetika
Over Heated PSU

LAUNCHPAD V. 2 on SuperGoldCARD

Post by genetika »

Launchpad running on a standard QL + SuperGoldCard + QUBIDE ( with 2GB CF memory card .. ) ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGgaCV-J ... detailpage

:D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: LAUNCHPAD V. 2 on SuperGoldCARD

Post by dilwyn »

genetika wrote:Launchpad running on a standard QL + SuperGoldCard + QUBIDE ( with 2GB CF memory card .. ) ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGgaCV-J ... detailpage

I like it - good publicity for Launchpad :D

genetika
Over Heated PSU

Post by genetika »

hi Dilwin!
Launchpad is a very nice and usefull desktop!
during the customization, i selected a theme ... how is possible to restore the 'original' !? i tried all the themes, but without success... :?

as you can see, during the startup phase the desktop is ok. after it changes to a new one...
i would like to restore the boot theme.. ;-)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

genetika wrote:hi Dilwin!
Launchpad is a very nice and usefull desktop!
during the customization, i selected a theme ... how is possible to restore the 'original' !? i tried all the themes, but without success... :?

as you can see, during the startup phase the desktop is ok. after it changes to a new one...
i would like to restore the boot theme.. ;-)

Assuming you mean the System Palette themes, it should be possible by using the MyQL-> Display menu->Reset System Palette 0 -> Reset Now.

Launchpad globally modifies the System Palette 0, so resetting it will reset the one used by all programs, back to the normal one your system uses (probably red white green and black unless your boot program loads a different one - mine loads a Grey theme designed by Marcel).

There's articles about use of the System Palette on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/smsqegd2/index.html

Dilwyn Jones

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

I'd like to use a standard QL with just a 512 KB RAM expansion and QL-SD. Obviously, such a machine can not run SMSQ/E and has only 4 colors in 512x256. What would be the more appropriate version of Launchpad, 0.96 or 2.10?

Does version 2.10 consume more resources, in terms of memory and CPU load, than 0.96?

Is WMAN 2 strictly required for version 2.10 or only to achieve certain features?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Peter wrote:I'd like to use a standard QL with just a 512 KB RAM expansion and QL-SD. Obviously, such a machine can not run SMSQ/E and has only 4 colors in 512x256. What would be the more appropriate version of Launchpad, 0.96 or 2.10?
Does version 2.10 consume more resources, in terms of memory and CPU load, than 0.96?
Is WMAN 2 strictly required for version 2.10 or only to achieve certain features?
v0.96 does not require WMAN2 or GD2, it is probably better for such a machine.
2.10 does consume slightly more resources - slightly more memory, more effort to redraw graphics.

2.10 does need wman2, although it should (I say 'should' because I haven't tried it recently, it used to!) run on pointer environment v2 on a QL with 512k expansion, MODE 4. It does not rely on 16-bit colour graphics, for example.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

It's all very interesting, this is a part of the QL I've not explored yet.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Thank you very much for the information Dilwyn. As more people return to the QL, and often have machines without (Super) Gold Card, it seems a good idea that you still offer a vintage version.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Peter wrote:Thank you very much for the information Dilwyn. As more people return to the QL, and often have machines without (Super) Gold Card, it seems a good idea that you still offer a vintage version.
Ah! precedent, unless this has been said before, original QL, ie BBQL can now be called vintage version

:) I feel a list coming on - oops no time :(

List please :idea:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/