Pointer Environments

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Pointer Environments

Post by tofro »

QDT is (very) nice, but will most probably not run in the Black Box due to lack of at least 2 Million colors ;)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Great to hear that Jim has now made QDT freeware :D

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

belg4rion67 wrote:Hi guys, I try to use PE on my QL with trump card 2 and qimi interfaces and things seems to go fine but I've some troubles with qtrans program: it starts but after it design screen with menus and buttons it displays this error:
qtrans_error.jpg
My system has two floppy drives and before launch qtrans I have configured it to use in right panel flp1_ and in left panel flp2_ but in another snap you can see that it not accept my configs :o
qtrans.jpg

Can somebody give me a tip to resolve?
Thanks
Paolo
I got the same problem on my Trump Card to now trying to test QTRANS on my Winny :-(

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Outsoft wrote:
belg4rion67 wrote:Hi guys, I try to use PE on my QL with trump card 2 and qimi interfaces and things seems to go fine but I've some troubles with qtrans program: it starts but after it design screen with menus and buttons it displays this error:
qtrans_error.jpg
My system has two floppy drives and before launch qtrans I have configured it to use in right panel flp1_ and in left panel flp2_ but in another snap you can see that it not accept my configs :o
qtrans.jpg

Thanks
Paolo
I got the same problem on my Trump Card to now trying to test QTRANS on my Winny :-(
It seems to be an issue with the FNAME$ function in Toolkit 2 which works differently in some systems when used on a directory channel to return the name of the directory connected to that channel number. IIRC, on level 2 systems it returns a directory name, on level 1 filing systems it should (and does on ones I tested in 2013) return "" but on some systems which were level 1 and added a device with level 2 it gives 'bad parameter' instead, maybe the device concerned doesn't support this variant of FNAME$, I'm really not sure. I remember looking at this back in 2013 and was unable to resolve the issue reliably.

When I get time I'll look at it again to see if there's a different way I could write the code to work around it, as with anything at the the moment TIME is the big problem.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

dilwyn wrote:
Outsoft wrote:
qtrans_error.jpg
qtrans.jpg

Thanks
Paolo
It seems to be an issue with the FNAME$ function in Toolkit 2 which works differently in some systems when used on a directory channel to return the name of the directory connected to that channel number. IIRC, on level 2 systems it returns a directory name, on level 1 filing systems it should (and does on ones I tested in 2013) return "" but on some systems which were level 1 and added a device with level 2 it gives 'bad parameter' instead, maybe the device concerned doesn't support this variant of FNAME$, I'm really not sure. I remember looking at this back in 2013 and was unable to resolve the issue reliably.

When I get time I'll look at it again to see if there's a different way I could write the code to work around it, as with anything at the the moment TIME is the big problem.
Thanks Dilwyn ;)