Monitor mode compatible overscan

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Monitor mode compatible overscan

Post by Dave »

I think so.

It's also worth noting for international users that this will work anywhere. A QL-SCART lead is cheap, and SCART is a very simple interface so it'll work with almost anything. You just need a little 5v wall wart.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

The supplied wall wart is a SMPS so has normall 100-240v range input!

So just need a plug converter!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:Is it worth adding these details to the FAQ section - as a lot of people want the full QL screen on their TV :)
I have added a short piece about this (and two other devices to connect a QL to VGA/HDMI screens) in the VGA Monitors With QL article at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/hardware/index.html and updated the Sticky Help For New User "Useful Newbie Links" posting at http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11 ... 5610#p5610

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Can you post a pic of the power supply, please?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Dave wrote:Can you post a pic of the power supply, please?
upscalerpsu2.png
upscalerpsu1.png

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm, an adaptor would cost more than just getting a US PSU....

Thanks for posting the pics of that practical, safe, and yet still strangely monstrous UK plug.

jimre
ROM Dongle

Post by jimre »

Not only the power supply is the problem for international users... Probably any 5V power supply that can do 1-2Amps would do. I asked the seller, and he responded soon:
"Dear j.imre,
only sell within uk, sorry
- city-skys"
So I need to find some other solution... I have tried several converters, but all of them suffered the overscan problem.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

jimre wrote:Not only the power supply is the problem for international users... Probably any 5V power supply that can do 1-2Amps would do. I asked the seller, and he responded soon:
"Dear j.imre,
- city-skys"
So I need to find some other solution... I have tried several converters, but all of them suffered the overscan problem.
I never understand why some people will not sell abroad....

What you need is a friendly person in the UK who could purchase one for you and you then pay the total (and PayPal fees) plus shipping to your country..... :)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:
jimre wrote:Not only the power supply is the problem for international users... Probably any 5V power supply that can do 1-2Amps would do. I asked the seller, and he responded soon:
"Dear j.imre,
- city-skys"
I never understand why some people will not sell abroad....

What you need is a friendly person in the UK who could purchase one for you and you then pay the total (and PayPal fees) plus shipping to your country..... :)
Room for someone to buy a few to offer for sale to QL users, perhaps, while they are still available?

As they're sold on eBay, you never know how long they'll be available. I'm over the moon I bought this one of mine.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

I would just propose you have a look in the eBay listings of your country of choice - I have found the very same box from a German seller and would expect after a bit of searching that you can get this device basically anywhere. Even Amazon has them.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO