Microdrive boards

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
tcat
Super Gold Card

Re: Microdrive boards

Post by tcat »

Dave wrote:Unfortunately, the company that made the heads went out of business a long time ago.
Ah bad luck, many thanks anyway.
Tomas

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi Dave, I'm interested for 2 units to update :D
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
daholmes
ROM Dongle

Post by daholmes »

The switches were made by Burgess Microswitch in Gateshead, England. I know because my Dad designed them and sold them to Sinclair. Interestingly I believe it is the same switch as the starter/go on the Sinclair C5

Unfortunately Burgess were sold to the Swiss and eventually became Chinese, broke my Dads heart, when the factory as flattened. They are now Saia Burgess. I believe all the old designs are still made.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Fascinating first post! Welcome to the forum :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

And, ignoring the metal contactor plate, that style of switch has become something of an industry standard over the last 35 years or so. I bought a whole pile of them with straight contact springs to work as limit switches on my home CNC machine.

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Dave wrote:And, ignoring the metal contactor plate, that style of switch has become something of an industry standard over the last 35 years or so. I bought a whole pile of them with straight contact springs to work as limit switches on my home CNC machine.
OT: have you made the CNC by yourself? I've seen a lot of tutorial on youtube and I've idea to make one myself too!

Only original hardware! :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I made it from scratch including 3D printing some parts, but the majority of it came as a single quick kit for $235.

It was practice for assembling the pick and place machine I'm getting in a couple of months.