Special Lightning ROM 2.11

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Special Lightning ROM 2.11

Post by Dave »

I think Speedscreen is better. I bought both at the time and always ended up using Speedscreen.

I found most screen handling was 6-8x faster. Even the slowest improvements were in the order of 2x. Most of the improvements were built into Minerva, I believe, which is one of the reasons Minerva is so much quicker than JM or JS.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Dave wrote:I think Speedscreen is better. I bought both at the time and always ended up using Speedscreen.

I found most screen handling was 6-8x faster. Even the slowest improvements were in the order of 2x. Most of the improvements were built into Minerva, I believe, which is one of the reasons Minerva is so much quicker than JM or JS.
Speedscreen ROM need to be initalized as the Lighting Rom too?

I can't find a manual online: is copyrighted I thing.

Lighting SE Rom is incompatibile with some game of Merz (The Oracle and Diamonds) so I prefer use Speedscreen but...is always ON when I insert the rom on the machine? ;)

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Outsoft wrote:
Dave wrote:I think Speedscreen is better. I bought both at the time and always ended up using Speedscreen.

Speedscreen ROM need to be initalized as the Lighting Rom too?

I can't find a manual online: is copyrighted I thing.

Lighting SE Rom is incompatibile with some game of Merz (The Oracle and Diamonds) so I prefer use Speedscreen but...is always ON when I insert the rom on the machine? ;)
Find the manual here of Speedscreen, thanks to MaxRaf!!!:

https://k1.spdns.de/Vintage/Sinclair/Ot ... puters/QL/

The command for let Speedscreen start is: _SPEED 1 or _SPEED 2 ;)

Quill start in 3 seconds instead 5 seconds now ;) with the ROM version is all more fast because the program execute in rom ;)