Tetroid interfaces hardware info

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Re: Tetroid interfaces hardware info

Post by tetroid »

Dave wrote:Tetroid, what would happen if you to make the backplane and buffer card a single PCB? The elimination of 2 DIN connectors would cut costs, and signal quality would be improved. It would also be more mechanically stable.
Yes, this is first version.
I made 2 boards because of i didnt know, how it can works - good or not good, I checked only repeater board and only backplane board and both. And I can use repeater board for testing any one interfaces outside QL.
For vertical version one board - very good idea, for horisontal version - anyway need additional perpendicular board.

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru
HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

Just a short info about TDI which can be useful for someone's.

As you may know, using SD card memories (with CF to SD adaptor) doesn't work on the Tetroid interface.

This is probably due to a voltage issue. CF cards may generally work with 3.5 to 5 volts range while almost of SD and micro SD work with 3.3 volts only.

Some IDE to CF adaptors has a switch/jumper allowing to select 5V or 3.3volts. Tetroid doesn't and delivers only very precise 5v on the socket.

One day I had a thought. MicroDrive devices with CF type II socket work exclusivelly with 5v. So, If we find a CF type II to SD adaptor, there is a chance that manufacturer had made something to reduce voltage from 5v. As Tetroid socket can accept either type I or type II CF card, this may work.

I have scanned internet and bought this device from amazon costing 17 Euros :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004QY ... UTF8&psc=1
CD_Adaptor.jpg
And factually, it worked fine with all SD and micro SD cards I could test on my TDI.

If you try to purchase this device, make sure it is the "type II" not another.

Alain

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Hmmmm. *makes notes*

Good to know! Good to know!