QL Hard Disk 40MB from Miracle Systems

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: QL Hard Disk 40MB from Miracle Systems

Post by Dave »

The unit is very easy to modify. I have one that I often use and was planning to replace or refresh the PSU because the caps are getting old. I'll take photos when I do it. There's a LOT of room in the case, so....

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Dave wrote:The unit is very easy to modify. I have one that I often use and was planning to replace or refresh the PSU because the caps are getting old. I'll take photos when I do it. There's a LOT of room in the case, so....
Yesterday I test it and works perfectly, wow!!!

The 2 "FANS" are a little "HARD" to hear but I love it as it was made originally ;)

Just one thing: I see that I can't delete the LEVEL 2 subdirs here as I do on the recent QUBIDE/TRUMP CARD clone (with WDEL_dumps where dumps is a folder); I've adviced that the Folder is "in use" so I empty it but the folder really can't be deleted.

How it works? ;)

I use a Trump Card with with it but I can connect also my Super Gold Card too.

A curiosity: on my Trump Card (with TK2 v.2.21) each time I put on a Superbasic program the command "TK2_EXT" the QL comes out to the program and prompt on Superbasic. I can't substantially launch a TK2_EXT command and then load a program automatically. I see that applying the SPEEDSCREEN ROM on the system the TK2_EXT program don't go out on prompt! Incredible bu true. Is a BUG of the TK2 on my Trump card?

Thanks.
Attachments
SkypePhoto_20170518_22_00_56.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
Last edited by Outsoft on Fri May 19, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Looks great! 8-)

I also think every home should have a tape recorder mounted on the wall! :lol:

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

vanpeebles wrote:Looks great! 8-)

I also think every home should have a tape recorder mounted on the wall! :lol:
:) This is the first one, there are 2 ^_^

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

Outsoft wrote: Yesterday I test it and works perfectly, wow!!!

The 2 "FANS" are a little "HARD" to hear but I love it as it was made originally ;)

Just one thing: I see that I can't delete the LEVEL 2 subdirs here as I do on the recent QUBIDE/TRUMP CARD clone (with WDEL_dumps where dumps is a folder); I've adviced that the Folder is "in use" so I empty it but the folder really can't be deleted.
Have you tried DELETE instead? On SMSQ/E WDEL win1_dumps doesn't appear to work, but WDEL win1_ and then pressing Y when dumps comes along does work.
Also there should be a supplemental win_rext file on the hard disk which contains an updated WDEL command as well as a MAKE_DIR command. I can supply the file if you're interested.
A curiosity: on my Trump Card (with TK2 v.2.21) each time I put on a Superbasic program the command "TK2_EXT" the QL comes out to the program and prompt on Superbasic. I can't substantially launch a TK2_EXT command and then load a program automatically. I see that applying the SPEEDSCREEN ROM on the system the TK2_EXT program don't go out on prompt! Incredible bu true. Is a BUG of the TK2 on my Trump card?
Why are you using a Trump card and a TK2 ROM? The Trump card contains all of the TK2 extensions so having the TK2 ROM loaded as well is overkill, in fact they might get into each other's way.

Jan

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Are you using an RGB converter? Does it work in mode 4?

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

janbredenbeek wrote:
Outsoft wrote: Yesterday I test it and works perfectly, wow!!!

Have you tried DELETE instead? On SMSQ/E WDEL win1_dumps doesn't appear to work, but WDEL win1_ and then pressing Y when dumps comes along does work.
Also there should be a supplemental win_rext file on the hard disk which contains an updated WDEL command as well as a MAKE_DIR command. I can supply the file if you're interested.
Why are you using a Trump card and a TK2 ROM? The Trump card contains all of the TK2 extensions so having the TK2 ROM loaded as well is overkill, in fact they might get into each other's way.

Jan
THE TK2 is "inside" the Trump Card and this was the problem ;) Is bugged for me.

"Also there should be a supplemental win_rext file on the hard disk which contains an updated WDEL command as well as a MAKE_DIR command. I can supply the file if you're interested."

It was formatted so...no win_rext file: If you can send it to me via e-mail I will really appreciate it.

Thanks as usual Jan.

Best regards.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Dave wrote:Are you using an RGB converter? Does it work in mode 4?
I use an HDMI upscaler yes.

I use one at home and one at work (2 QL working desktops).

It works perfectly in mode 4 but the real problem is the 4/3 natural resolution of the 22" Philips TV that is a little bad.

At home no problem: all area is showed.

At office that is a new model: some right part of the area is truncated (not by the upscaler but from the interna 4/3 adapter of the TV).

This problem affect only in FULL HD res.

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Could you please provide details on your HDMI upscaler? The output looks very sharp.
My SCART to HDMI converter does not work with the QL.
So I still use the large, heat-generating, uncased GBS-8220 which creates slightly blurred output.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Regards,

Derek