What is it ? QL RamDisk ???

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
genetika
Over Heated PSU

What is it ? QL RamDisk ???

Post by genetika »

How to use ? :shock:

Thanks!

M.
Attachments
enlarge3.cgi.jpg

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: What is it ? QL RamDisk ???

Post by vanpeebles »

It could be anything :) Possibly a lightning rom, nearly all the ones I have are all lightning roms :lol:

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

The sign on the right says 'CARE'. I remember the standalone Toolkit II ROM announced itself as 'CARE/QJUMP Toolkit v2.xx'. So it could very well be a Toolkit II.

Jan.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Jan is correct. This is most probably a Toolkit II ROM. It should give you the standard TK2 commands and might possibly have to be activated using the command "TK2_EXT".

Care did, however, re-sell their ROM cartridges to other software vendors, so it could basically be anything that fits in a ROM. I remember the Metacomco C compiler's ROM came in the same package.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

The original TK2 from Care has a silver label glued on it, so this is not an original TK2 from Care.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have two of these Care ROM Cartridges, one had the original Toolkit 2, but has lost its' Silver label. I have a Lightning Rom, but the original Rom supplied by Digital Precision had too slow a chip access time for use with the Miracle Hard Disk. So Miracle sent me a updated Eprom to alow Lightninh in the Rom Port to work the Miracle Hard Drive.

I have seen Fortran, QLC ROMs in the same package.

Probably best to see what the ROM Signon logo say on power up.

I have a Care cartridge I modified to map the rom cartridge to the OS ROMs and ROM Port area. Handy for testing with Minerva and Toolkit 2 on one rom. But there can be no OS Roms in the internal sockets other wise a clash.

Regards,

Derek