QL hardware info needed!

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

QL hardware info needed!

Post by Dave »

Hi all,

I need your help.

I am trying to build a table of every QL expansion and where it resides in the expansion area of the memory map. I will add all responses to the table below.

The information I need is:

Expansion name
Expansion version
ROM version
ROM size
Location in memory

As I get responses I'll add them to the table. If you see your expansion and all the details are the same there is nothing to do. IF the details are different, even in only a small way, please let me know. If you only get partial information, that's ok.

This information will be used to make some decisions about the expanded bus on a bit of hardware I'm working on. It will also help all future expansion designers avoid conflicts. If any kindly soul wants to write a little program to scan people's hardware and report this info, that would be... amazing!

Code: Select all

EXPANSION        VER   ROM   SIZE   LOCATION
============================================
QubIDE          2.XX  2.XX    16K   All over!
Trumpcard       1.XX  _.__    16K     $1C000
Last edited by Dave on Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nasta
Gold Card

Re: QL hardware info needed!

Post by Nasta »

Requires a bit more data :)
Here is Qubide for example:

Qubide 2.xx
Base address:
- configurable using jumpers
- any 16k boundary within $00000..$3C000 and $C0000..$CC000
- jumpers select an absolute address so care must be taken not to set them to conflict with other stuff on the bus or disable essential parts of QL motherboard hardaware. Consequence: If it is set to the ROM port address $C000, it will disable the QL motherboard ROM port and map itself there instead, which is used as a feature :P
Size allocated: 16k
Allocations:
1: Base+$0000..Base+$3EFF: on-board EPROM, 16k size, last 256 bytes are not visible.
2: Base+$3FX0..Base+$3FXF: 16 aliases of a 16 byte sized IDE register file. X may be further fully or partially decoded externally to implement up to 16 independent IDE channels (with appropriate driver software support - available in the latest driver).

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Well, QubIDE's one of the very few cards where you can change the base address ;)

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Trump card Version 1 (PAL1=1v4, PAL2=2v0)

$1C000-$1DFFF = WD1772 chip select (A1-A0 = A1-A0)
$1E000-$1FFFF = 74F175 clock (D3-D0 = side/motor/ds1/ds2)

I assume Trump card Version 2 uses the second 74F175 (4-bit register) for ds3/ds4.

David