Supports Trumpcard with File System 2 driver HD-Disks?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
ql_freak
Gold Card

Supports Trumpcard with File System 2 driver HD-Disks?

Post by ql_freak »

My real QL (with desktop housing, external keyboard and hard disk) is deep inside a carton. But I have now found my TrumpCard and have another QL. Does the TrumpCard with EPROM with support for File System 2 (I think it was from Jochen Hassler or Albin Hessler or so) support HD-Disks? I unfortunately cannot remember.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Supports Trumpcard with File System 2 driver HD-Disks?

Post by RWAP »

Unfortunately, no - the only disk interfaces which supported HD (or ED) disks were the Gold Card and Super Gold Card.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

RWAP wrote:Unfortunately, no - the only disk interfaces which supported HD (or ED) disks were the Gold Card and Super Gold Card.
Thank You!

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Jochen Hassler once modified a SuperQBoard to support HD discs and also mentioned that in theory it should be possible to do this with the Trump-Card, too, but that there might be a space problem. Of course this was still at a time where SMD was not so common, but all Trump-Cards in existence are probably still DD only ;-)

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

mk79 wrote:Jochen Hassler once modified a SuperQBoard to support HD discs and also mentioned that in theory it should be possible to do this with the Trump-Card, too,
This could be a true "deus ex machina" :o