Sermouse adapter - Solved!

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Cristian
Aurora

Re: Sermouse adapter - Solved!

Post by Cristian »

Well, actually I'm a graphic designer ;) Don't be jealous: also your drawings are OK.
What tools? Do you mean to crimp the QL SER plug? A bit of fantasy and a good screwdriver :)

tcat
Super Gold Card

Post by tcat »

Hi Cristian,

I only learned GIMP and INKscape basics, my drawings simply miss that touch of `art', unlike yours.
I guess you are on Photoshop+Ilustrator tools, right?

I use a file to make grooves on BT white plugs (this forms a key), then I apply my missus' tweezers and a bit of hammering.

BTW I am short of CTL (=joystick) plugs, those with a latch on the other side, I used to buy them from Lincs Connections Ltd, ceased their business activity a while ago.
ql-port-adapters.JPG
Tomas

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The QL CTL Port plugs (BS6312 type 630W) are very rare to find, I have some that I was going to build CTL to Joystick adapters, probably do this in March.

The QL SER port plugs can be found on Ebay easier.

Regards,

Derek
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

tcat wrote: I guess you are on Photoshop+Ilustrator tools, right?
Yes, you're right
tcat wrote:I use a file to make grooves on BT white plugs (this forms a key), then I apply my missus' tweezers and a bit of hammering.
Cool 8-) Fortunately I had no need to make modification since I have some suitable black plugs.
tcat wrote: BTW I am short of CTL (=joystick) plugs
As Derek told, they are almost impossible to find :(
BTW, I'm not a 3D printer expert, but since they are exactly mirror-shaped it should be possible to 3D-print them copying the SER plugs...maybe