QL Hardware Sales Totals

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Ralf R.

Re: QL Hardware Sales Totals

Post by Ralf R. »

As far as I know, Jochen Merz has protected his early disk based games with the snd. side Spectrum formatted, and used an MC Routine inside the game to check.

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

XorA wrote:
janbredenbeek wrote:I couldn't get QPC1 working on VirtualBox though, I added HIMEM.SYS /INT15=xxxx to config.sys and got the QL screen but then it locked up...
Might be worth trying QPC1 on dosbox not virtualbox if all it needs is DOS virtualisation.
A dosbox under Win7 doesn't work but VMware Player does the trick, if you rem out "DOS=HIGH" in CONFIG.SYS...

later, Jan.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

janbredenbeek wrote:A dosbox under Win7 doesn't work but VMware Player does the trick, if you rem out "DOS=HIGH" in CONFIG.SYS...

later, Jan.
Not "a dosbox", but "dosbox" as in "the DOS emulator with the name DOSBox". I have heard that it works.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

mk79 wrote:
janbredenbeek wrote:A dosbox under Win7 doesn't work but VMware Player does the trick, if you rem out "DOS=HIGH" in CONFIG.SYS...

later, Jan.
Not "a dosbox", but "dosbox" as in "the DOS emulator with the name DOSBox". I have heard that it works.
To add to this - This dosbox

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

I've heard that it works as well, then tested it myself and found that to be true (I used the Linux version of dosbox). I do, however, not see a point in running QPC1 when I can run QPC2 ;) other than for purely nostalgic reasons.

But: dosbox is much more lightweight than VMware which can really make the difference when you're working with outdated hardware (I use it on one of the earliest eeePCs that really doesn't have the guts to run a modern vmware)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

mk79 wrote:

later, Jan.
Just wanted to prove that QPC1 can still run on modern hardware ;) .
BTW, my old copy of QPC2 (v1.51, one of the first releases I believe) says I have registration number 558. How does that compare with your count of 409 registrations in 2005? Or has Jochen not counted them from 1 upwards?

later, Jan.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

janbredenbeek wrote:BTW, my old copy of QPC2 (v1.51, one of the first releases I believe) says I have registration number 558. How does that compare with your count of 409 registrations in 2005? Or has Jochen not counted them from 1 upwards?
I have no idea what kind of numbering system Jochen used, but the numbers are not consecutive (the number before yours is for example 553). Users who bought via QBranch will have numbers starting at 10000.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:Have you got QLART+ on 3.5" disk - I have only seen it on 5.25" disk....

Fleet Tactical Command
EkoTek's The Simulator

both incorporated copy protection on disk

I don't know of any others (other than the early QPC)
I've Fleet Tactical Command 2 (Original) too but I wasn't protected ;)