MY ICE Desktop System is almost complete bar one bit of software left that is some office software

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Re: MY ICE Desktop System is almost complete bar one bit of software left that is some office software

Post by Outsoft »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Simone,

A new device can be added to the ICE system by selecting the CUSTOM option on the desktop.

I uded use ICE ROM on a Trump card QL with Miracle Hard Drive. The ICE system boots first, then the next boot device. In this case WINNIE.

I think you need read the ICE user manual.

The only problem wiyh ICE is it does not know about level 2 device drivers. That is sub directories. But I think that has been solved with an updated Trump Card ROM.

Back in 1992ish, I used Minvera multibasic and the WIN2 command to read directories.

I will see if my old ICE Rom still works. I modified the mouse connections to use an Atari mouse. Because the ICE mouse was damaged.
yes the other problem is the Level 2...so I've obtained to remove the Ice Rom permanently on my First QL desktop.

Thanks for the explation of the custom configuration.

You are always so useful.

Best regards.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: MY ICE Desktop System is almost complete bar one bit of software left that is some office software

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Simone,

I always thought ICE could be developed more but Eidersoft were not interested in expanding the sytem.

I did start to disassemble the ICE Rom, but never finished. That was over 20 years ago...

I will find the DISA disasdembley, and see if Level 2 can be implemented

Regards,

Derek
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Simone,

I always thought ICE could be developed more but Eidersoft were not interested in expanding the sytem.

I did start to disassemble the ICE Rom, but never finished. That was over 20 years ago...

I will find the DISA disasdembley, and see if Level 2 can be implemented
Great!

And must of all...please...the mouse support...If we can use the ICE mouse with...PE and other utilities with a special driver...will be perfect ;)