Pipes Game

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Pipes Game

Post by simon629 »

Hi does anyone no where I can Get Pipes Game for QLE/QDT OK Thanks Simon Foster

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Pipes Game

Post by RWAP »

Hmm - looking at the Sinclair QL Homepage - it looks like this is one type of game which has never been written for the QL.

Now there is a nice challenge for all those who moan about the lack of free downloadable games for the QL.

Instead of trying to get all of the old copyright stuff for free, they could write a brand new game which doesn't appear to exist in any form for the QL.... :D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Bob Weekes wrote a pipes game which was sold by Jochen Merz Software a while back.

I'm afraid I can't even remember the title - maybe it was just "Bob's Pipes" or similar. It might be worth Simon contacting Jochen to see if he still has copies.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

dilwyn wrote:Bob Weekes wrote a pipes game which was sold by Jochen Merz Software a while back.

I'm afraid I can't even remember the title - maybe it was just "Bob's Pipes" or similar. It might be worth Simon contacting Jochen to see if he still has copies.
I don't recall that program :o I keep asking Jochen for a list of his programs and offered to list them on sellmyretro on his behalf - I already do so for Q-Liberator and QLOAD/QSAVE - we probably need to compile a list of his software for him!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I was sent a beta test copy of from Bob Weeks in the 1992-95, but I can not seem to find it.

As I remember, PIPES was a very nice game, I think I may of been asked to delete the test programme, as Bob wanted to sell the programme.

I will have a look on some old floppy disks, assuming that Jochen does not have a copy of the game.

Regards,

Derek
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by simon629 »

I asked Jochen He does not have it any more So if Derek Finds his copy can He put it in a ZIP File for me and send it my Email OK Thanks Simon Foster

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Thankfully, I have got a copy of this in my preserved folders - Derek - you refer to it as Quzel (I think) in an old message board entry. It is called Bobs Pipes according to the filename.

I have emailed Jochen to see if he can clarify the copyright position on this and other titles I have in my preserved folders.

Does anyone have any adverts etc where it is mentioned - as there is no information on the QL Wiki about this and quite a few of Jochen's other titles....

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

RWAP wrote: Does anyone have any adverts etc where it is mentioned - as there is no information on the QL Wiki about this and quite a few of Jochen's other titles....
JMS was a regular dealer at the Eindhoven meetings and used to prepare a leaflet with his catalogue and special offers.
The last one I found was from Nov 2000 which listed the following games:

THE WALL, from Wolfgang Lenerz
BLACKKNIGHT, pointer-driven Chess program
THE LONELY JOKER VERSION 2, six great patience games
FIREBIRDS, action shott-'em-up
DOUBLEBLOCK, Tetris like game
THE ORACLE, something for your brain
DIAMONDS/S, Hot-Puzzle Action
BRAINSMASHER, again, treats your mind
QSHANG/S, like the well known Shanghai
DOPPEL ION & ION GOLD
SUPER GAMES PACK