RE: Dominos game ON QDT

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

RE: Dominos game ON QDT

Post by simon629 »

Hi can anyone help me When I start Dominos Game on QDT I get a Red box with RAC so I press the C Key On my Keyboard and the Game Starts then the Game Plays OK but then when you exit the Game the Red Box it is the Dominos game what Works ON QDT it is called Dominos it is From the Sinclair QL Home Page can anyone please help OK Thamks Simon Foster
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 17.55.31.png

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: RE: Dominos game ON QDT

Post by dilwyn »

Line 4840 tries to LBYTES a file called "ecran" (French for screen) from a device named in the variable dev$, set in line 100 to "flp1_", to the screen at address (decimal) 131072.

Probably doomed to fail on anything other than a machine in QL compatible memory layout. The program includes a MODE 4 statement, so if running on QPC2, using a QPC_QLSCREMU 4 might help it display correctly by (a) copying the QL screen memory to visible GD2 screen area and (b) doing a basic mode conversion for the mode 4 format screen bytes being loaded. Not tried this (i.e. it might not work)

It seems to work OK on QemuLator with Minerva, but I have no idea if it could be made to work with QPC2 in a GD2 mode like this (especially with QDT which I don't know much about), sorry.

You may be able to work around the LBYTES issue by defining a DEV device to be flp1_, but as I don't use QDT I don't know how feasible this would be.

DEV_USE 1,[name of directory where you put the dominoes game]
DEV_USE "FLP"

After running it, remember to make sure to change the DEV settings back:
DEV_USE 1,WIN1_
DEV_USE "DEV"

Obviously, if you have a floppy disk drive running it from there would be easier.

The source basic of the program is there with the program if anyone has the time and feels able to take it on, I had a quick look, it seems fairly easy at first glance, I just don't have the time.