uQLx 2017

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
XorA
Site Admin

Re: uQLx 2017

Post by XorA »

janbredenbeek wrote:
QLvsJAGUAR wrote:Played with it today. Have some questions, maybe some findings.

Where do you want me/us to ask questions or report findings/bugs?

E-Mail? To who?

Forum thread?

Forum PM?
Use the Issues tab on the GitHub page.

Jan.
Yes as jan says, bugs on issues page on github, one bug per issue please.

General discussion, lets just have on forum :-D

G

QLvsJAGUAR
Gold Card

Post by QLvsJAGUAR »

First two questions:
1. The manual states support for ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8. 3 such binaries are included. What machines are targeted? Are the Raspberry Pi's supported?
2. What about "QDOS TCP/IP and socket functionality" as documented in the original socket.html by Richard Zidlicky? Is this supported? When using uQLx 2017 with QL/E the web browser lynx gets started but fails to load a web page.

QL forever!
https://www.sinclairql.net/ - Go and get THE DISTRIBUTION & QL/E!
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR/community - Blog
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR - Dedicated QL videos
Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE, NeXT, MiST & much more...
Videos, pictures & information
swensont
Forum Moderator

Post by swensont »

Urs,

1. The manual states support for ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8. 3 such binaries are included. What machines are targeted? Are the Raspberry Pi's supported?

Rob H. or XorA can answer those. Rob did the testing so he knows what hardware was used.

2. What about "QDOS TCP/IP and socket functionality" as documented in the original socket.html by Richard Zidlicky? Is this supported? When using uQLx 2017 with QL/E the web browser lynx gets started but fails to load a web page.

I don't believe any testing was done of the TCP/IP stack. I know I did not. I mostly tested core QL functionality.

Tim Swenson

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

swensont wrote:Urs,

Rob H. or XorA can answer those. Rob did the testing so he knows what hardware was used.

I don't believe any testing was done of the TCP/IP stack. I know I did not. I mostly tested core QL functionality.

Tim Swenson
ARMv6 ARMv7 ARMv8 do not necessarily mean the same thing as ARM 6 ARM 7 ARM 8, as Graeme pointed out.

A quick test of TCP/IP stack might be to run that little test listing of mine on it. Worked OK on QPC2 and SMSQmulator, but not on QemuLator. Yet to hear from anyone trying it on uQLx.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:
swensont wrote:Urs,

Tim Swenson
ARMv6 ARMv7 ARMv8 do not necessarily mean the same thing as ARM 6 ARM 7 ARM 8, as Graeme pointed out.

A quick test of TCP/IP stack might be to run that little test listing of mine on it. Worked OK on QPC2 and SMSQmulator, but not on QemuLator. Yet to hear from anyone trying it on uQLx.
Pi0/1 is armv6
Pi2 is armv7
Pi3 is armv8 (64bit) (if your still running 32bit OS then use armv7 binary)

Most ARM boards are armv7, with armv8 (64bit) rapidly taking over market this year. For example Beagleboard/bone:armv7 Pandboard:armv7 Odroid C1/XU4:armv7 Odroid C2:armv8 PINE Board:armv8 ......(many others too many to list which is why I listed the instruction set version)

32bit TCP/IP stack should work if it worked in original uQlx.

64bit is probably broken because I did not do any fixes in that area.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Where can I obtain a binary (ELF) version of qxltools? In the archive of Jonathans archive and the archive found on Dilwyns page, the binary is missing in the UNIX subdirectory. The binary version in uQLx 2017 seems to be corrupt, I get the error:

hps@qclub:/mnt/d/uqlx$ ./qxltool
bash: ./qxltool: Kann die Binärdatei nicht ausführen: Fehler im Format der Programmdatei

(Translation: bash: ./qxltool: Cannot execute the binary file: Error in Format of program file)

Tested on Windows 10 Creators Update with WSL (uQLx2017 is running, of course you must in addition to enabling WSL [Windows Subsystem for Linux, also known as Bash on Windows] install a X-Server, I have used Xming).

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Install 32bit libc, its a 32bit application!

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Thank you!

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
QuantumLeapGR
ROM Dongle

Post by QuantumLeapGR »

After a long time out of the QL world, I'm back in. I found the forked uQLx as I want to build a Raspberry PI in a QL case that will run that and only that, but I also found a version which has preliminary work done to get rid of XWindows and implement everything as SDL. Any news on progress on that front? I managed to run uQLx on Windows 10 with the Linux layer enabled and an X-Server but it's too damn taxing. I'd love me something a bit more portable so I could potentially do some work on it but I don't want to reinvent the wheel here.

ZX81, TS 1000, TS 1500, Sinclair ZX Spectrum +, 128, +3, TS 2068, ZX Uno, ZX Spectrum Next, JS128HQ
Sinclair QL w/ SGC, QubIDE, RomDisQ, sH (missing my Aurora... NASTAAAAAAAA :D ), Q40, Sinclair QL w/ Trump Card, Hermes, QubIDE
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

https://github.com/SinclairQL/sQLux

Is fully working on Linux, and secretly here I have a version that kind of runs natively on windows.

My only constraint is time!