uQLx 2017

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: uQLx 2017

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

I can start UQLX as soon as the Linux box boots up.

Can UQLX be altered so that it takes control of the the whole operating system, sort of a integration into the Linux Kernel.

Regards,

Derek
QuantumLeapGR
ROM Dongle

Post by QuantumLeapGR »

Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

Can UQLX be altered so that it takes control of the the whole operating system, sort of a integration into the Linux Kernel.

Yes, it's possible to autostart it

ZX81, TS 1000, TS 1500, Sinclair ZX Spectrum +, 128, +3, TS 2068, ZX Uno, ZX Spectrum Next, JS128HQ
Sinclair QL w/ SGC, QubIDE, RomDisQ, sH (missing my Aurora... NASTAAAAAAAA :D ), Q40, Sinclair QL w/ Trump Card, Hermes, QubIDE
QuantumLeapGR
ROM Dongle

Post by QuantumLeapGR »

QuantumLeapGR wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

Yes, it's possible to autostart it
Actually that's not quite right; you need to autostart X first and your desktop and then start it there. However assuming a uQLx with SDL (which I want to do based on the uqlx-fork with the started sdl work) starting uQLx would be as easy as editing your rc.local file like so

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

and then entering the uQLx path-to-and-executable before saving

ZX81, TS 1000, TS 1500, Sinclair ZX Spectrum +, 128, +3, TS 2068, ZX Uno, ZX Spectrum Next, JS128HQ
Sinclair QL w/ SGC, QubIDE, RomDisQ, sH (missing my Aurora... NASTAAAAAAAA :D ), Q40, Sinclair QL w/ Trump Card, Hermes, QubIDE