Disk Mate 5

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Disk Mate 5

Post by simon629 »

Hi can any one help me I copied all the files from dm5 ZIP to PRG_dm5 folder now how do you config it OK Thanks Simon Foster

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Disk Mate 5

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Simon,

Do you have the DM5 archive on a QL disk or hard drive and do you have the UNZIP files to extract the zipped compressed files?

If the zip archive is uncompressed on a non-QL platform the executable header will be lost.

The best solution is to use the Archive Control Panel (ACP) which when configured can process any zip, lha, lhq... etc

Regards,

Derek
BSJR
Trump Card

Re: Disk Mate 5

Post by BSJR »

simon629 wrote:Hi can any one help me I copied all the files from dm5 ZIP to PRG_dm5 folder now how do you config it OK Thanks Simon Foster
I just tried to get DM5 running on the latest QPC2/QLE but after it reported a clock error my PC clock was reset to 18-Jan-2053, or 2083 and freezing SMSQ/E, causing W$7 to report updating errors for my virus scanner.
My normal QPC2 now has the same bug so I suspect the recent QPC2/SMSQ/E does interact with the PC clock differently than before because this bug didn't exist when I first installed dm5gd2.

Bob