QL is 30 pledge sign-up. £430 so far

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

QL is 30 pledge sign-up. £430 so far

Post by Dave »

This is a duplicate of the pledge I made at ql-users@q-v-d.com. If anyone pledges here, please also do so there as that will be the master list. I copied this here so people here who are NOT on the list could also pledge. If you do not want to be on that mailing list, I will tally your pledge there also.

I offer to sponsor £150 towards the cost of any organized 'QL is 30' show. If others would like to chip in a little, it could make a Kickstarter-style fund.

Conditions: Event must be held between March 2014 and December 2014, in a generally accessible location to QL users. This includes any traditional location like a scout hut, Eindhoven, etc. The event must be properly open to the public, properly advertised, and what the members of this list consider 'properly organized'. Event can be organized by an individual or a company. In the event of an individual or company combining with Quanta to run the event, the fund will be divided equally between them. The pledge will be paid towards costs of running the show, and will be sent to the organizer(s) by paypal four weeks before the organized event. In the circumstance the event is cancelled, the pledge(s) must be returned.

List of pledges:

Code: Select all

Sandy Electronics / Dave Park        £150
Mark Martin                          £ 30
Petri Pellinen                       £ 50
Doug L                               £150
Jiří Doležal                         £ 50
                                     ====
TOTAL                                £430

If anyone else would like to add to this pledge list, please simply add their name and pledge.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: QL is 30 pledge sign-up. £430 so far

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Please note the following from QUANTA regarding the pledge:
Further to your emails Re: [QL-Users] QLis30 pledge..., I have great pleasure in advising you as follows:

At a meeting of the QUANTA Committee on Sunday 02/02/2014, the topic of a Workshop to celebrate QLis30 was discussed and it was decided that if, due to Rich Mellor's ill health, we (QUANTA) will not be able to support his venture in Cambridge, then we would like to add our name to the QLis30 pledge such that we will match the fund up to a maximum of £500. It was also decided that QUANTA may offer further support by attending the event to show a QUANTA presence.

This came about after much discussion regarding QUANTA's willingness to support such an event and how much we should be prepared to spend in order to differentiate between "over-spending" and "not wanting to support" both of which have received some criticism of late on this list/forum.

As we do not continually monitor the email list/forum, please address any further correspondence to > "committee at quanta dot org dot uk" < - thanks.

Kind Regards,

John Gilpin.
QUANTA Treasurer.
The matter of organising such an event still stands however and I personally see this as the main stumbling block. :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

n light of this fabulous email from QUANTA, The pledge tally now stands at:

Currently:
Sandy Electronics / Dave Park.....£150
Mark Martin................................£ 30
Petri Pellinen..............................£ 50
Doug L......................................£150
Jiří Doležal.................................£ 50
=======================
TOTAL.......................................£430
Quanta Match............................£430

Available:..................................£860

Thank you QUANTA and everyone else so far. Just £70 more and we'd hit £1000!

aisling42
ROM Dongle

OUCH!! Re: QL is 30 pledge sign-up. £430 so far

Post by aisling42 »

I pledged E 150 to QLis30, lost track of having pledged, and so did everyone else! I was never nudged for the funds. I committed the money and so it needs to be redirected to some other QL cause, or, to remaining unpaid QLis30 expenses. Dave (are you still there?) and QL Ethernet? QUANTA something? I am starting the search for finding who will / can tell me what should or can be done for the QL Cause(s) with the money. Or start the necessary dialog.

Doug LaVerne 37830 USA

aisling42
ROM Dongle

Post by aisling42 »

Looks like that was a pledge to QLis30 (now to TBD) of GBP 150 rather than "E" 150.

DGL 37830 USA

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

We paid up at the time. I believe the expenses were close to completely covered so I think you're good :)

aisling42
ROM Dongle

Post by aisling42 »

Seriously. To take 150 away just because QLis30 expenses were met is ... cheap, at least to me. I really do see not that I have to do something, but don't want to out of it being convenient not to do antyhing with committed (at least sorta) $$. Would the 150 (in equivalent USD) help QL Ethernet--or something-- come to fruition? "This offer for a limited time only at these rates" :) . Let's start (or finish) a dialog, even if it's only "me & thee" and the attendant projects. Before I acquire a mind, so as to change it :D .

Doug

aisling42
ROM Dongle

Post by aisling42 »

Viz., the money was/is committed to The [QL] Community.

Doug

You may be able to tell [even remember] I've never "done the M's", Marriage / Mortgage / Munchkins.