Helping to Promote QL Adventures

A place to discuss general QL issues.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Helping to Promote QL Adventures

Post by RWAP »

Whilst continuing work on the QL Wiki, I have been looking at some of the cross-references for QL software, and noticed that some adventure titles were listed on The Classic Adventures Solution Archive

I have submitted some changes for the existing listings on the site and asked them to add a few more titles (as I can't see how to do that).

Whilst at it, I noticed that none of the QL adventures were covered on the Interactive Fiction Database so have added a couple on there for starters

It would help if others could contribute to these pages, maybe upload their own reviews of the programs and generally show that there is still some interest in QL Adventures, thus promoting the QL and its software, and maybe enticing some more people to try it out. :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Helping to Promote QL Adventures

Post by vanpeebles »

Top idea, I'll be up for this as well :) Maybe we could make a list of free games on here that people could cover first? How about:

Voyage of the Beano
Blag 2

I've also got West, The Classic Adventure pack and a few others I have forgotten.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Maybe we could make this into a QL Forum community project?

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Sounds like we're resurrecting "Ql Adventurers' Forum" ! Ah, happy days.... :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I used to enjoy that magazine - I wonder whatever happened to Richard Alexander?

I spent longer playing the games in those days - I would take on an adventure to review it, finish it, send a list of bugs to be fixed by the author, and often include suggested fixes

Only once they had had the chance to fix the bugs, would I write the review.

It was of course, CGH Services that I used to represent at the QL shows in Leyland, selling their stuff (before I had a car!!). They also persuaded me to fix D-Day and War in the East!

Happy days indeed....

Now if only I could get a hold of their review copy of Funfear ......

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

By the way - I have just noticed - they have uploaded a few more QL titles onto The Classic Adventures Solution Archive

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I used to enjoy that magazine - I wonder whatever happened to Richard Alexander?
(snip)
If anyone does manage to contact Richard, vanpeebles scanned the Adventurers Forum mags for me with a view to making them available if I could contact Richard to get permission. Sadly, my efforts to contact him failed.

Interesting situation - back in DJC days I had permission from him to photocopy back issues of the magazine (guess it made life easier for him!). I really don't know if that would still be valid, probably dicey as DJC no longer exists.

As for the Leyland shows, those were the days - shows that were so packed you could hardly get to the stands. Do you remember Freddy (DP) showing off that black sports car and doing wheelies in the car park? And at the last one, I was last to leave and my car (Ford Capri IIRC) broke down before I left the car park in the dark?

Dilwyn

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I did manage to track him down a few years back. He was running some UFO site or other somesuch. I did not actually get in touch and I can't remember the link I'm afraid.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

That is very interesting! On google there is a Richard Alexander listed belonging to a West Wales Paranormal group in the late 90's.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Yes, that would be him.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves