Whatever happened to ?

A place to discuss general QL issues.
wayne weedon
ROM Dongle

Whatever happened to ?

Post by wayne weedon »

Been thinking about the people I used to bump into and chat a lot to at various QL Events.

Lau Reeves (Last I heard he was at Port Isaac in Cornwall)
Gerard Phelan (Always chatted at Microfairs at the old Horticultural Halls in London)
John Hall (Seemed to always be at Workshops)
Stuart Honeyball (See he moved back to Yate? My Old home town!) and his colleague (Forgotten his name)
Ron Dunnett and Terry Harman.
Graham Goodwin, Graeme Evans, Phil Jordan + a few more of the Solent Subgroup

I think a lot of the Dorset Subgroup have either moved on or sadly passed away. I know the details on the Quanta page is more than a decade out of date!

In fact I think the only person I am still in touch with on occasion is Bob Weeks (Pipes and Squaddies Games and fellow QL BBS Sysop) and now the people here that remember me!

Wayne...

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Whatever happened to ?

Post by Dave »

Lau Reeves is still programming, but not on the QL. HOWEVER he has in theory agreed to prepare a custom version of Minerva for the Issue 8 and future CPU cards. It removes MDV support, and should get a self-timing system for QLnet. Other bits and bobs may come up too. If you email me at dave at sinclair ql dawt com (no spaces) I'll send you his email address.

johnh
ROM Dongle

Post by johnh »

wayne weedon wrote:Been thinking about the people I used to bump into and chat a lot to at various QL Events.

Lau Reeves (Last I heard he was at Port Isaac in Cornwall)
Gerard Phelan (Always chatted at Microfairs at the old Horticultural Halls in London)
John Hall (Seemed to always be at Workshops)
Stuart Honeyball (See he moved back to Yate? My Old home town!) and his colleague (Forgotten his name)
Ron Dunnett and Terry Harman.
Graham Goodwin, Graeme Evans, Phil Jordan + a few more of the Solent Subgroup

I think a lot of the Dorset Subgroup have either moved on or sadly passed away. I know the details on the Quanta page is more than a decade out of date!

In fact I think the only person I am still in touch with on occasion is Bob Weeks (Pipes and Squaddies Games and fellow QL BBS Sysop) and now the people here that remember me!

Wayne...
Hi, Wayne.

Still lurking :)

It's funny - I could happily chat for hours at sub-group meetings and workshops (especially in the bar!) but I've never felt comfortable chatting electronically...

John Hall

wayne weedon
ROM Dongle

Post by wayne weedon »

John. Good to see you are still around. I think the last time we spoke may have been at a Bristol Workshop at Portishead or perhaps one of the events at Portsmouth. I know I did not go to the one in 2000 ish. I had more or less left the scene by about 1999, although was still reading the newsgroup and or the mailing list. Always felt a little guilty about being interested enoogh to lurk and read, but not really take part anymore.

I did not actually attend that many workshops, Bristol a couple of times, same with Portsmouth, one in Dorset, once to Newcastle (went with TF and Bob Weeks) London at least once with Bob Weeks and once to Brussels (TF, Lau, Jon Oakley and myself) and Houten in Holland (Though that was a Sinclair HCC event). Never attended an Eindhoven event sadly.

Wayne..