Website

A place to discuss general QL issues.
User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Website

Postby dilwyn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm told my website is offline although some directories are directly accessible. I'm posting this from mobile phone as PC seems to have been damaged by a power cut in Storm Doris, along with my roof, so site probably won't be back up properly for some time.


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
User avatar
XorA
Gold Card
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: Website

Postby XorA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Your top level index.html has gone missing, everything else seems fine.

Just sold my spare laptop though! :-(


User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Website

Postby dilwyn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Ta. Will take a look when i get home later if power back on by then.


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Website

Postby dilwyn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Back online now thanks to help from Rich Mellor, much appreciated.
Must get round to moving somewhere where the electricity doesn't go off every time there's a little puff of wind :(


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
Cristian
Gold Card
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Website

Postby Cristian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine


User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Website

Postby dilwyn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:17 am

Cristian wrote:Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine

Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
User avatar
XorA
Gold Card
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: Website

Postby XorA » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:47 pm

dilwyn wrote:
Cristian wrote:Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine

Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D


We better start a gofundme for Stainless Steel Dilwyn!

But actually little known fact about wind turbines is they don't work in strong winds. And tend to suffer catastrphic failure when people try and use them in such.


User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Website

Postby dilwyn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:01 am

XorA wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
Cristian wrote:Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine

Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D


We better start a gofundme for Stainless Steel Dilwyn!

But actually little known fact about wind turbines is they don't work in strong winds. And tend to suffer catastrphic failure when people try and use them in such.


Stainless Steel Dilwyn? SSD?? Ah, got it, XorA is offering to buy me a big SSD for my PC, thanks XorA :twisted:

Seriously though, thanks for all the emails of sympathy and advice, been a bit of a struggle last couple of days getting back up and running. Windoze repaired. Hardware seems OK, apart from a backup USB drive which insists on going to sleep all the time and Windows can't seem to wake it up when it's sleeping (it disappers from the list of drives when asleep) - any ideas anyone? Looked up on the interweb, seems an awfully common problem with no real solution. Bit embarrassing as that's my backup drive.


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
RWAP
RWAP Master
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 pm
Location: Stone, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Website

Postby RWAP » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:29 pm

dilwyn wrote:
Seriously though, thanks for all the emails of sympathy and advice, been a bit of a struggle last couple of days getting back up and running. Windoze repaired. Hardware seems OK, apart from a backup USB drive which insists on going to sleep all the time and Windows can't seem to wake it up when it's sleeping (it disappers from the list of drives when asleep) - any ideas anyone? Looked up on the interweb, seems an awfully common problem with no real solution. Bit embarrassing as that's my backup drive.


I had this issue too - it was the cheap USB caddy I was using - the power supply was just not reliable. Ended up switching to a more expensive SATA connected caddy which has been fine ever since (apart from the SATA cable sometimes falls out the back of my PC - there is no spring mechanism or anything on them to give a good grip!


Cristian
Gold Card
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Website

Postby Cristian » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

dilwyn wrote:Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D

Tell us the truth: you're a C5 user :mrgreen:



Return to “General QL Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest