Sinclair QL: an incredible graphic machine

A place to discuss general QL issues.
thorsinclair
Trump Card

Re: Sinclair QL: an incredible graphic machine

Post by thorsinclair »

@Derek

what's about ports from 68K to 68K? From Atari ST to QL?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think the porting will take more than 30 days to complete, I send a notification in the post to keep you all up to date....

I did look at the other 68K platforms, probably Atari is the closest to the QL, I did start to disassembler Atari ST Elite with DISA, which did a fair job, but I had to start reading up about the Atari hardware and translate to the QL.

The Amiga uses a C style library based assembler. The Amiga port of the Elite was done by rewriting the game by looking at the game play, the writers could not understand the BBC source code.

Regards,

Derek
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I think the porting will take more than 30 days to complete, I send a notification in the post to keep you all up to date....

I did look at the other 68K platforms, probably Atari is the closest to the QL, I did start to disassembler Atari ST Elite with DISA, which did a fair job, but I had to start reading up about the Atari hardware and translate to the QL.

The Amiga uses a C style library based assembler. The Amiga port of the Elite was done by rewriting the game by looking at the game play, the writers could not understand the BBC source code.
Great idea!!!

I would like a day to see a conversion of Bubble Bobble or Carrier Command on the QL from the ST version that was very good!

But I don't know If the "code" is public ;)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Simone,

I have got the Z80 source code to Bubble Boddle, I doubt the Atari ST source is available.

But I will have a search.

Regards,

Derek
tcat
Super Gold Card

Post by tcat »

Hi,

Some interesting ZX disassemblies can be also found here. Remeber `Skool Daze'? mind the spelling :-)
http://skoolkit.ca/disassemblies/

EDIT, pertaining to ATARI-2-QL porting, I found this interesting topic
http://qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3& ... quest#p307

Tomas