WIN extensions

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Silvester
Gold Card

Re: WIN extensions

Post by Silvester »

...why these toolkit 2 versions were a little longer than 16K..
By v2.23 the original Toolkit2 had already itself exceeded 16K Eprom space (inclusion of MAKE_DIR and recognition of Level 2 drivers, etc.). What I did was quite trivial: remove ROM header, call initialisation, call BP_INIT. The only other thing missing was to copy heap allocation code, done by Trump card on behalf of TK2, to provide somewhere for default drive strings (DATA_USE etc). The full source code is included in the zip file on Dilwyn's site. If anyone is interested I can also upload original Trump v1.31 32K EPROM listing.

David
jose_leandro
ROM Dongle

Post by jose_leandro »

Hi
cool!. I test this tk223_bin in my ql+qubide and works ok. :-)

One question. I would like to have this tk233_bin in rom format ( My Qls has a 64K eprom with standard rom + tk ). Is it possible?

Thanks

José Leandro

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

jose_leandro wrote:Hi
One question. I would like to have this tk233_bin in rom format ( My Qls has a 64K eprom with standard rom + tk ). Is it possible?
Yes, but something would have to be removed. Will have a look and see if I can come up with some suggestions/options. (What ever was removed could always be LRESPR'd separately).

BTW Forgot to thank Massimo R. for uploading Trump card v1.36 ROM image to Dilwyn' s site, appreciated.

David
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Silvester wrote:
Yes, but something would have to be removed. Will have a look and see if I can come up with some suggestions/options. (What ever was removed could always be LRESPR'd separately).

BTW Forgot to thank Massimo R. for uploading Trump card v1.36 ROM image to Dilwyn' s site, appreciated.
Someone else has asked me about this, Silvester, so it would be worth doing if it proves to be possible.

Massimo also included a short text file explaining how he captured the Trump Card ROM image - as we've discussed here before, the memory layout is a bit hard to work out as Miracle add-ons from Trump Card made some non-standard use of the memory map.

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlrom/trump.txt

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

dilwyn wrote:
Silvester wrote:

Someone else has asked me about this, Silvester, so it would be worth doing if it proves to be possible.

Massimo also included a short text file explaining how he captured the Trump Card ROM image - as we've discussed here before, the memory layout is a bit hard to work out as Miracle add-ons from Trump Card made some non-standard use of the memory map.

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlrom/trump.txt
or the Trump Card ROM chip could be removed and copied in a Eprom Programmer.

Regards,

Derek
Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

José, no need to cut down TK223, with standard rom (JS) there was enough spare room, see attached.

If you use foreign language ROM version let me know.

Also works on QEMUlator if you split rom (see zip file).

(Minvera ROM hasn't enough spare space to do same. IIRC 330 bytes spare).

edit: file removed, updated.
Last edited by Silvester on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

dilwyn wrote:Someone else has asked me about this, Silvester, so it would be worth doing if it proves to be possible.
Perhaps CLOCK code is best candidate to be separated (need to remove about 462 bytes). There were 1684 bytes unused in JS rom.

David
Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Removing CLOCK/ALARM reduced TK223 size to fit within 16K EPROM. They can be loaded separately.
Also works with Minerva on QEMUlator, you get directories marked ->

edit: file removed, updated.
Last edited by Silvester on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have tried your TK2 on QEM & Minerva v1,98, which works great except for the MAKE_DIR which give a NOT IMPLEMENTED YET error message when trying to create a directory.

Any ideas on how to get this working...

Regards,

Derek
Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have tried your TK2 on QEM & Minerva v1,98, which works great except for the MAKE_DIR which give a NOT IMPLEMENTED YET error message when trying to create a directory.

Any ideas on how to get this working...
I don't have a registered version, I could only try it in the demo 'Limited' (very slow) option.

IIRC I think MDV responds err_ni (not implemented) to MAKE_DIR whereas Trump card level 1 drivers (FLP,RAM) respond err_bp (bad parameter). Otherwise it may be QEMU driver.

I'll see if I can get a level 2 ramdisk driver working on QEMU and try MAKE_DIR on it.

David