WIN extensions

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Ralf R.

Re: WIN extensions

Post by Ralf R. »

That's why I find this grmpf TT behaviour of directories so very annoying.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The clue to the problem is in the QEMulator QL Configuration - Device tab.

The WIN selection uses MDV alias, which looks like QEM renamed MDV device to WIN, so it is still MDV, which under Level 2 Device Drivers is not implemented, hence the error message.

But if Tick Box in the WIN option is unticked - no MDV alias and a Folder/Directory is selected, the MAKE_DIR using MDV1, works and makes a Directory in the native filing system.

In my case in a Linux folder, but will work in a Windows or Mac environment. Storing QL files may have issues of losing their headers, but QEM adds a file header so this is

Unticking the MDV alias does not allow access to the QXL.WIN file. Not sure if this a good thing or not. SMSQmulator allows access to all.

Regards,

Derek
jose_leandro
ROM Dongle

Post by jose_leandro »

Hi
Silvester wrote:José, no need to cut down TK223, with standard rom (JS) there was enough spare room, see attached.

If you use foreign language ROM version let me know.

Also works on QEMUlator if you split rom (see zip file).

(Minvera ROM hasn't enough spare space to do same. IIRC 330 bytes spare).
Tested in a Sinclair QL issue 6 + qubide + JSTK223. It works (shows -> when sub-directories) and can make dir with qubide command MAKE_DIR. The only thing is that QL shows "CARE/QJUMP TK2.223 1985) two times.

Tested in a Sinclair QL issue 5 PCB ( only PCB). QL shows "CARE/QJUMP TK2.223 1985) two times.

Bye

José Leandro

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

>The only thing is that QL shows "CARE/QJUMP TK2.223 1985) two times.

I have sent Dilwyn updated copy which solves the problem.

The ROM slot at $0C000 can create shadows at $4C000, $8C000 and $CC000. It is only the shadow at $CC000 which causes the problem. Earlier ROM slot TK2 versions specifically detect the false call at $CC000 and reject it, I have now done same.

Tested JS+TK223 (64K system eprom) and TK223 (16K ROM slot eprom) on unexpanded 128K QL and both work OK.

David
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Now uploaded and available at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/pe/index.html