SMSQzine - new QL e-zine

A place to discuss general QL issues.
swensont
Forum Moderator

SMSQzine - new QL e-zine

Post by swensont »

I've felt the need to do some writing about the QL and things that I've been doing with it. I prefer to do long-form writing (a couple of pages) instead of just a few paragraphs in a forum posting. To fill this need, I've started a new e-zine (electronic magazine) for the QL. The zine will be free to any and all. I encourage any that want to contribute to please do. Readers can submit ideas for articles, maybe some area of the QL that they are lacking information on. I don't intend for it to do news, because that is handled better in the forums. I would like to hear from other QLers how they are using their QL. These days, being a QLer is a lonely hobby.

When I did the QL Hackers Journal, I concentrated on content and not looks. In 1991, DTP was still in its infancy. With DTP tools like Scribus, SMSQzine will also have some emphasis on looking good with lots of color. Since there will be no hard copies made, I don't have to worry about the high cost of color reproduction.

As for how often the zine will come out, that depends on how much writing I do and any that others do. Since there will be no subscription cost, no one is at a loss if the zine stops publishing.

The first issue is available from my Google Sites page:
https://sites.google.com/site/svenqhj/home
Just look at the bottom of the page for smsqzine01.pdf. There is also a zip file that contains digital data that goes with the magazine. No need to type in listings.

Tim Swenson

Paul
Gold Card

Re: SMSQzine - new QL e-zine

Post by Paul »

That looks great! Thank you so much.
I'm going to give it a read this weekend.
kind regards Paul

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Looks really good! I like the layout and it's very easy to read :)

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Wow, very good news for people like me that has started to use SMSQ/E (on real BBQL of course...): I'm not a greater writer especially in english but I can write some impressions on my first steps in use that OS :)
Thank you so much for your works Tim.
Bravo !
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

swensont wrote:As for how often the zine will come out, that depends on how much writing I do and any that others do. Since there will be no subscription cost, no one is at a loss if the zine stops publishing.Tim Swenson
Now that's a feeling I fully understand.

I'm nearly ready to turn the next Assembly Labguage eZine out into the wilds!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.