The humongous Sandy Electronics thread...

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Jungsi
ROM Dongle

Re: The humongous Sandy Electronics thread...

Post by Jungsi »

Dave wrote:A new batch of felt arrived this morning in the mail.

I have laser time booked for this evening at 9 pm. I will ship out all current laser orders tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
Yeah - lucky day for me - just ordered some oft them today :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

My laser time today at 9pm got cancelled because a big paying job came in for them. I rebooked for 8pm on Wednesday - the next available slot.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

So, today I'll be mailing out most of the current pad orders, plus a power supply order. It takes me some time to hand sort and prepare the pads for shipping, so I'll do it in order from smallest to largest order. That way, the majority of orders will ship today, and a couple of orders will ship tomorrow.

That will free up the funds for a refund I need to do.

I now hold order funds separately, and they're not spendable until the order has shipped. This means I will not have problems issuing refunds in future, if the need arises.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Six packs of pads going out today. I would have done more but I got eyestrain and it gave me a headache. I should be able to get the other 6 packs (except maybe the biggest order) out tomorrow. I'll also get the PSU order out tomorrow. :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I've had a couple of calls yesterday and this morning on my Sandy Electronics number. The catch is, it doesn't seem to work. I can see I have been left voicemails but I can't retrieve them. I don't know why.

So, if you've tried calling me on 512 730 1999 the last couple of days, can you please email me. I'd really like to help you (you've called twice so I assume it's important)....

dave at sinclairql . com

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I have developed a cold. I don't want to spread the germs around, so I will not be mailing out any orders until it clears up. Could be ebola - who knows! ;) I feel generally fine, but my nasal passages disagree.

Seriously though - I'm a snot factory right now and it's really hard to mount the felt pads without getting boogers everywhere.

Hopefully it'll clear up in the next day or two. I'll keep y'all updated. Until then, no shipping!

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

*schniffle*

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

All better. It was a cold combined with allergies as we go through our rainy season here.

I am still getting calls from someone that I can't answer. It always shows "unknown" and when I pick up there is silence. I changed the number on the website a few days ago because I am sure whoever is trying to contact me must be very frustrated by my apparent non-action. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have re-checked the website and called the replacement number :/ It's a google voice number that goes to an old email I no longer own, so I can't make the changes needed or collect any messages if there are any.

I repeat - if you have been trying to call me, please call the replacement number. 512 730 1999 is dead and unworkable.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I think he has emailed me (Francis Barrett), as he didn't get a response by phone or email - I have given him your new phone number from the website.

It is a shame that all of these problems this year have really hit the new products hard - the sooner you sort out a new means of distributing the products, the better. :D

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I've sorted out the distribution problems. Completely.

I simply drive into Austin (the closest big city) and use a post office there. Since doing that, every single item I have shipped has arrived. It also seems to knock a day or two off shipping times!