Q-Emulator weirdness (on MAC)

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Q-Emulator weirdness (on MAC)

Post by Dave »

I'm using the Mac Q-Emulator, and don't want to keep pestering the author. So, anyone here using it?

I'm having a weird issue that 'may' be a bug, but I don't have enough confidence in me to be sure, so... I'm asking here before contacting Daniele.

When I use the window to attach a folder or image to a logical drive (like mdv1_) no matter which subdirectory within the application I choose, it always just says "Applicatio" and shows my entire OS X applications folder. I don't have any drive images to put there so I feel unsafe. I could easily wipe out the entire folder with a misfortunate write.

Is it just me, or am I doing something wrong? What happens when I follow the manual isn't what happens in the manual.

Dave

robheaton
Site Admin

Re: Q-Emulator weirdness (on MAC)

Post by robheaton »

Hi Dave!

I'm using QemuLator on my macbook, I've just tried attaching a folder and reading the contents via the emulator.
It seems to work okay for me, which version of OSX are you running?
I'm on OSX 10.6.6 here, running version 1.0 of QemuLator (Registered)

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Attach a Folder works fine for me too.

MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6, Q-Emulator for Mac 1.0 Registered

Have you tried repairing disk permissions and maybe running Onyx to check that the drive is fine?

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

For me what happens is say I select Applications/qlstuff/mdv1 it always just chooses Applications.

Current OS X version, disk permissions are fine (repair permissions doesn't find any permissions to repair)...