QUANTA

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: QUANTA

Post by vanpeebles »

If I was doing it, I'd make a big fuss of the history too. Showcase articles from over the years and well known users that have been and gone. In the old Quanta's I have, there are all kinds of unusual tweaks and setups that have long since vanished from memory. It has a vast wealth of history and information which could form a kind of QL archaeology section.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:Something really needs to be done about that website if it's nearly turning away new members :(
Just had a look, switching to wordpress has made it miles better. Could do with a little tidy and a tweak.
Still no link to the forum though! :o
There is of course a simple answer to this (justified) criticism of Quanta website.

Wordpress means that the Webmaster can authorise someone (i.e. give you a login and password) to edit it. Volunteer to improve the website step up and contact Keith Dunbar (webmaster) to discuss it.

BTW, there is a link to QL Forum. Click on the QL Resources tab, it's in that list. Personally, I'd put it on the home page along with links to ql-users list and whatever other 'resources' are deemed most important to the QL community.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Ooops I missed it there :) I think my talents are needed elsewhere for badly reviewing games :P

bobmc
ROM Dongle

Post by bobmc »

Hi All,

As a follow up to my earlier email - I paid my QUANTA membership fee via Paypal but haven't heard anything since! Should I be worried?
Does anyone have a contact name please.

Regards
Bob

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

It will be ok, don't panic (mister mannering) :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

It took about a week for me to get a response.

What might be nice for Quanta to do for new members is send them the e-copy of the current magazine right away when their payment is processed. This gives them an immediate connection, and something to do for four or five minutes ;)

The game I've been writing is almost finished, and sometimes I tell myself to go on just because it would be some new content in Quanta.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Carry on with it Dave - a new game would be great :)

bobmc
ROM Dongle

Post by bobmc »

Thanks for the info.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

bobmc wrote:Hi All,

As a follow up to my earlier email - I paid my QUANTA membership fee via Paypal but haven't heard anything since! Should I be worried?
Does anyone have a contact name please.

Regards
Bob
No you should not be worried.

John, the membership secretary, is merely away in Scotland for a few days. I'll PM you with contact details in case you haven't got them.

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Post by Simon_Carr »

Okay, I joined! Hopefully I will discover the value of the group!

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives